Cameron Highland. Playing Budget. :D

It was my first Cameron Highland trip (yes, I do live in Malaysia), I'm glad I went with le bestie, Natasha Ting. And had a great time traveling besides catching up. Can't say how fortunate and glad I am to have some awesome people in my life. :)

R-P1170496
For this post, we're going into a bit retro style ;P

Our trip was on a small budget because... ... I'm still saving money for that thing-I-could-die-for and I seriously need to make more money :D (well, truth is, some trips can be very low budget and yet very fun).

We took 2 buses, first one to those bigger station - Ipoh, that goes to lots of destinations, and another to Cameron. Took about RM25 for each of us to reach our destination (one-way only). So, I guess it would be better to drive your own car up if you live somewhere nearby, say 1-2 hours drive? And ohh, if you are a skillful driver. :D

R-P1170329
I have no idea at all what's this thing doing beside the road. Full of weeds. 
After searching and having lunch at a randomly selected shop (just some tourist priced stuff), she brought me to a strawberry farm, or more exactly, a strawberry + vege + cactus farm?

R-P1170342

R-P1170365

R-P1170332
Wanted to bring some of these small ones home, but I guess I will do it next time on a family trip maybe ;)

R-P1170355
Time for desserts! Total of RM10.90, not really expensive nor cheap if you ask me. I liked the one on the right. :9

R-P1170358

R-P1170360
Time to go!
We basically walked to places once we got there, except the small "touring" next morning on a van (more about it below). And Cameron Highland isn't anything like Genting Highland, only the weather is as cooling maybe. There's a main tourist spot (so I was told by my host bestie) - Tanah Rata, and small town - Brinchang, and Ringlet, and ... ...

I never really imagined this place as it is, I think I was expecting something like Genting Highland (because that's the only highland I went before Cameron). I don't think I ever imagined any place before visiting them anyway :D

R-P1170371
I definitely have high self-control, because I did not spend much on cute stuffs that seems to be everywhere :D 

R-P1170368

But walking gives lots of photo opportunity. Unless you're willing to stop your car whenever a good one comes up.

On our way to Tanah Rata from Brinchang.
R-P1170372
Flowers flowers everywhere~

R-P1170376
Preeeeetty school you'll study in if you come Cameron

R-P1170389
some rest
We didn't have to take that much rest, but it was drizzling on and off so we just sat and waited.

R-P1170380
common thing that happens in highland?

R-P1170420

R-P1170428 DT 0431
Almost there!
Took us about 2 hours walking (well, including those rests).

R-P1170448
Finally reached, we got us a room and have little time in it. We didn't go for hotels or some classy place, but this one was good enough. I mean RM70 for one room with private bathroom? Budget enough.


R-P1170451
mirror that makes people look a little taller and maybe thinner 
Also, looked around for a short "tour" for the next morning. To be honest, I am totally clueless what to look for :D Anyway, we made our choice.

R-P1170452
More walking, in the garden/playground in tanah rata

R-P1170461

R-P1170469

After some time in the garden, we went searching for this Jungle Bar that not much Cameron people know about, which I then discover it as a small corner in some not-so-center-of-town place, before we decide dinner.

R-P1170473
dinner @糖师奶 Tang Dynasty!
I liked my dinner (the bottom one), tomyam tanghun. And my bowl of dessert (middle). Total of RM13.60, not so budget, more of some KL city price.

Spend some time after dinner chatting and relaxing before heading up our room to take a bath and rest. The temperature definitely drops a few obvious degrees at night.

Planned to wake up early for sunrise. But we just ignored the alarms and slept on until we had to wake up to be in time for the "tour" we signed up for. It was cloudy anyway, I doubt if we could've seen breathtaking sunrise.

R-P1170497

First, tea plantation and photos.

R-P1170522
Plane that fertilizes. Fly above the plantation.

R-P1170530
Up to the highest peak of Cameron Highland!

R-P1170546

R-P1170571

R-P1170581
does it look like a place out of storybooks?
Obviously people used to really jungle trek before the wooden paths were build.

R-P1170578
Just to prove I was in there :D 
Ohh and did I mention we had 4 people in the group of the "tour"?

R-GroupP
I DID NOT TAKE THIS PHOTO, OBVIOUSLY. :D CREDITS TO A RANDOM TOURIST AND BY NATASHA'S CAMERA
Meet friends from Holland! Had tea together and some chit chat (I only speak, like what, 1/10 of the entire time? :D). Nice to meet you!

R-P1170583

And some farms.

We bought our bus ticket to Ipoh station on the first day, somewhere in between room check-in and dinner. It is more expensive the way down and back home. The ride from Cameron to Ipoh is already about RM22 per person.

We had some time left after the "tour", and so we were at Kea Farm, eating honey potatoes and buying strawberries.

And then we went walking around.

R-Photo3427 DT 3428
And found this beautiful place.

A few minutes before we head back to where we're supposed to wait for the bus, it started raining, not drizzling like at first or the day before, but sort of pouring. So we ran to shops and search for umbrellas. And guess what? We're already wet and just a few moments after we had umbrellas, the rain stopped. LOL.

There's a lot more that I could write about, but this post is getting a little too long. Anyway, my budget trip total to about RM200.

The posts are coming in very much delayed, I'm sorry. But this year-end is really getting a little busy, and I wasn't supposed to be up late for there's a countdown to work this 31st night.

Ohh well. Happy New Year everyone! :)

Gosh. The uploading speed of all the photos could kill. 

Comments

Popular Posts