Bloody's First Donation

*p.s.: photos via phone cameras, mostly taken by C.R.D.*

Okay, it's not bloody like there's blood splattered everywhere or anything like that, it's just my first blood donation in history. I probably seem to be too excited about this, but no. I just feel like sharing this.

I went there without even knowing how to feel, like seriously I DON'T KNOW. Probably because since young, needles are just there, I don't cry or scream or shout. This sorta pain is not something I'm that afraid of.

It's a good thing I went there with a friend, Hoy Yi, who donated 3 times before this, because I'm totally clueless of what to do, and of course she went before me. 

And not to forget the 4 other monkeys. 

2 monkeys (Left to right: Jo and Celina) behind us (Hoy Yi and me) and 2 other monkeys (Ernie and Carlos)  in front with the cameras.
Okay, to be honest I'm kinda grateful they were there, or else I might just be bored to death (maybe not). But there was too much laughing for us.
So we were laughing so much, I guess the nurses hate us.
And surprisingly my blood went gushing into the blood bag like "I can't wait to leave this body" and it filled up the bag even faster than Hoy Yi's. According to Celina's theory, it's because she made us laugh, but what happened to Hoy Yi then?
I don't know what to feel, fanning away tears from laughing too much :'D
Anyways, the procedure is that you fill up a form, register, measure your weight, test your blood type, blood pressure, answer some personal health-related question, get your "certificate" which is actually a book of your donation record, then the donating part comes.

Donating basically involves you sitting down in a chair(?) as shown in photos above, then the nurses will approach you, giving pressure to your arm, something for you to squeeze in your palm, apply some disinfectant or anesthetics, a small needle filled with idk what (maybe more anesthetics), then the needle to draw your blood. And they took 3 tubes of our blood for some test or what sample. 

The whole process, only the small needle pricks you a little, everything else feels fine, at least for me.
My badge of honour LOL and food supply (missing Milo)
Basically that, if you have never donated blood before and you wanna know the detail, feel free to ask more about it, I would be happy to answer.

Doodles! :)

p.s.: the blood bags just remind me of "The Vampire Diaries" so much because the vampires drink from them :'D

Comments

Popular Posts