Penang's Most Proud Of : Food

So it's taking me months to actually finish up my Penang trip posting. And here comes the mouth-watering FOOD!

Penang peeps have always been really proud of their place, that's why the "kiasu", "kiasi", kia kia kia... ... And no, I'm not promoting a car. But if I were to say one thing they are most proud of, it must be food. Although I still do not agree that all the nicest tasted Malaysian food is there, because please Selangor has all kinds of Malaysian food that taste good too, but they have them in just one small island, which is crazy.

Even so, it is VERY IMPORTANT to know which shops to go for what food (this applies to every state and country).

DSC_0060
Our first meal in Penang is in this shop where they have really cool display.
DSC_0061
Cendol

DSC_0062
Penang Laksa
DSC_0083

DSC_0086
Snowballs? Or more like colouring iceballs LOL
 According to my dad's description, the "snow balls" they used to eat is packed in plastic bags.
DSC_0217
The first night, we cycled our way to this hawker centre place.
DSC_0220
Harmee
DSC_0242
ABC / Ais kacang, for breakfast, very unhealthy I know.
DSC_0244
DSC_0246
DSC_0262
This is where you eat the famous "Teochew Cendol". They have a shop right beside, but it's kinda deep in, so if you don't see the roadside stall and the line at Keng Kwee Road, search a little more. First round on our second day, it was raining but people still want their cendol, totally forgotten about the cendol's photo.

DSC_0310
Curry Mee, 6 thumbs up from the 3 of us.
Second night, we cycled even further to Pulau Tikus, and no it's not an island or seaside, it's just a name. 
They have more amazing food here. SERIOUSLY. 

DSC_0312
Satay
DSC_0313
Takoyaki
Okay I know that's not exactly Malaysian food, BUT I LOVE THIS FOOD. Probably if someone give me this on my birthday instead of a cake I would still be as happy as ever (but ice-cream tho).
DSC_0327
DSC_0329 DSC_0330
Late night hangout (not that late tho, around 10pm?). I like their interiors and food, but the place we sat down to eat, the lighting was kinda bad, so I hope you don't mind the quality of the next photo.
DSC_0337
Some coffee thing and my Kiwi and Honey Yoghurt. I LOVED IT.
DSC_0370
And that's me being bored while my two friends go on their phones.
DSC_0392
Nasi Kandar! Okay I forgot the place's name already, it's a shop with green shopsign and it's kinda a large shop. It was nice.
DSC_0399
Finally, the famous cendol again before we left. We were in the shop itself this time.
DSC_0404
Famous Teochew Cendol
I definitely did not have enough of Penang, there's so much more for my senses! It will be one of the places that I'll visit again.

Comments

Popular Posts