First Time Ever in Batu Caves and some Book Hogging

THAIPUSAM
I was supposed to wake up early *period*
Therefore, here are some photos of the place after the progression.



Lots of food, drinks, clothing, ... ... stalls all around, so no worries if you got hungry, just make sure you have your money with you.
Although the progression has ended, the crowd is still going on. But just move with the flow and don't trip yourself or the others and you'll be fine. And one tip: pack light ;)




I did a freestyle by the artist, because "hey since I'm gonna try, why not" but I recommend anyone who is interested in trying to choose your own design for #1 you know what you're getting #2 you know the price beforehand. But if you like being spontaneous, then go for it, make sure you set the price first before the artist start going all ambitious on you.
my hand, my henna
It was near noon, the sun was scorching, so no climbing steps and ventures into cave (I shall do that next year).



BOOKS!
I actually googled the word "hogging" because I wasn't sure of the spelling and wow the definition that popped out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOP DEFINITION
hogging
A competition, usually between a group of men that involves going to a bar/frat/house party. Participants go with the direct intention of hooking up with the fattest girl at the party. The guy who bags the fattest girl wins.
4
hogging
The act of being selfish or inconsiderately occupying an object which another individual might want and has some connotation of joint access both by the one accused of hogging and the accuser. Often heard pertaining to certain desireable items such as good food or drink, video games, or women
.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and there's some worse ones that I will not speak of... 
Anyway, here, I mean it as me loving books so much that I have to own them, more particularly, good novels. 
Went to BookXcess's Big Bad Wolf Fire Sale in The Mines MIECC after going returning from Batu Caves and had some eye straining, heart wrenching moment there. BECAUSE THERE'S TOO MANY BOOKS TO LOOK THROUGH AND TOO HARD TO DECIDE WHICH TO GET (I had a budget limit for myself). But it's very, very satisfying for book lovers. 
Big Bad Wolf is a book sale event held mainly in MIECC, sometimes to other places and states, with books priced really, REALLY LOW. In this Fire Sale especially, because it has been further mark-downed, say RM5 for a hardcover novel? (If that's not low priced idk what is.) 
The sale will be going on 'til 9th February (which is tomorrow), check out their website to know more, or even BookXcess

Comments

Popular Posts